main.m errors in ASS project

Greetings,

I’m getting the following errors when I build an ASS project that had worked earlier without the errors. The errors appeared only after I upgraded from Panther to Tiger and from Xcode 1.5 to Xcode 2.4.1.

They are:
main.m:9: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
main.m:12: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘NSAddressOfSymbol’ from incompatible pointer type

lines 9 & 12 of main.m are respectively:
[i]NSSymbol *symbol = NSLookupAndBindSymbol(“_ASKInitialize”);

void (*initializeASKFunc)(void) = NSAddressOfSymbol(symbol);

[/i]
I haven’t been able to isolate any code that may be causing this.

Also, I haven’t edited the main.m file myself so I’m at a loss as to how to fix this.

I have a decent amount of experience with Applescript Studio but none with Cocoa or other languages. If anyone can offer help it would be greatly appreciated.

Acciuga

For those that may find this problem in the future, I have found the solution. It was located in this post : http://lists.apple.com/archives/AppleScript-Studio/2006/Feb/msg00094.html

The pertinent paragraph from “Jake Pietrykowski” is :

Apparently, there was code in the main.m file from the earlier Xcode project that the newer version of Applescript Studio does not need nor like. The new ASS project’s main.m code is much shorter than what existed in my original main.m file. Anyway, it seems to be working so far and has compiled without the error warnings.

my manyThanks(toJake)

Acciuga