Make New Note Error

I have cobbled together something to help me organize what I want to buy when I hear something I like. I get the following error and am not sure what I’m doing wrong. The display dialog works, but I wanted to add a screen shot of the album so when I hunt it down I buy the right one.

ERROR:Finder got an error: Can’t make “Macintosh HD:Users:MG:Downloads:” into type alias.

Here’s the code:

--Building a script to make new notes for Music I want while listening to Qobuz, Sirius XM, RadioParadise, Tidal etc...
set noteTitle to ""

--Provide the CD info like Title, Band, Song
display dialog "Enter the CD title, Band & Album Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK"
set noteTitle to text returned of result

--Provide other info as needed
set noteBody to ""
display dialog "Put in some text:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK"
set noteBody to text returned of result

--Looking for the screenshot from the music streaming service. Currently download folder
set downloadsFolder to (path to downloads folder) as text -- Get the path to the Downloads folder

--error message: Finder got an error: Can’t make "Macintosh HD:Users:MG:Downloads:" into type alias.
tell application "Finder"
	set screenshotPath to choose file of type {"public.image"} with prompt "Select a screenshot file:" default location downloadsFolder -- Prompt to choose a screenshot file
end tell

tell application "Notes"
	activate

--Make new note with the dialogue results and the screenshot attachement.
	--attach file screenshotPath to newNote -- Attach the selected screenshot file to the new note

tell default account to tell folder "Music"
		tell folder "CD's to buy"
			set newNote to make new note with properties {name:noteTitle, body:noteBody, screenshotPath:attachment}

end tell
	end tell

end tell

Ok, fixed that but I have a new error.
Notes got an error: Can’t make {name:“The Who Who’s Next Going Mobile”, body:“Have it”, downloadsFolder:attachment} into type properties of note.

I’m guessing it’s in the setnewNote section with properties.

I’m not sure how to fix the properties. What I’d like is for a copy of the physicalscreenshot to be pasted into the body of the new note. I can get the path, but not the actual picture: Need to nudge in right direction.

--Building a script to make new notes for Music I want while listening to Qobuz, Sirius XM, RadioParadise, Tidal etc...
set noteTitle to ""

display dialog "Enter the CD title, Band & Album Name:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK"

--set noteBody to ""
--display dialog "Put in some text:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK"
--set noteBody to text returned of result

--Looking for the screenshot from the music streaming service. Currently download folder
set downloadsFolder to (path to downloads folder) -- Get the path to the Downloads folder

--error message: Finder got an error: Can’t make "Macintosh HD:Users:MG:Downloads:" into type alias.
	set screenshotPath to choose file of type {"public.image"} with prompt "Select a screenshot file:" default location downloadsFolder -- Prompt to choose a screenshot file
end tell

tell application "Notes"
	activate

--Make new note with the dialogue results and the screenshot attachement.
	--attach file screenshotPath to newNote -- Attach the selected screenshot file to the new note

tell default account to tell folder "Music"
			set newNote to make new note with properties {name:noteTitle, body:screenshotPath}

end tell
	end tell

end tell

Just to clarify: I’m sure there are many implementations possible but my original script attached to the start of this thread is already fully functional, FYI.

I appreciate your feedback. I’m going to take a look and your suggestions and see what I can do. I got the solution you referenced working and it does what I need. Thank you for your help. It’s a neat little script.

set noteTitle to ""
set noteBody to ""
display dialog "Put in some text:" default answer "" buttons {"Cancel", "OK"} default button "OK"
set noteBody to text returned of result
set downloadsFolder to (path to downloads folder) -- Get the path to the Downloads folder

end tell

tell application "Notes"
	activate
	tell default account
		tell folder "Music"
				set theNote to make new note with properties {name:noteTitle}
				tell theNote
					delete attachments
					set body to noteBody
					make new attachment at end of attachments with data screenshotPath
					delete attachment 1