Making plug-ins for Script Editor

I’ve noticed that in the ‘preferences’ dialog box for Script Editor there is a Plug-ins tab. And I thought, how cool would that be to write script that would help me write more script! Maybe I could write my own plug-ins using Apple Script. So how do I do it? Or can it be done? I haven’t been able to find any information through the my usual searching methods.

The Mac Help was completely useless. (All it wanted to tell me was whether I already had some plug-ins installed . . . which I don’t have, so no help there.) Web searches and searches on this site yielded information more about plug-ins for other software than for writing or installing for Script Editor.

So the question is, can I use Apple Script to write a plug-in for Script Editor? If so, how should I save the script and where should I put it. (There was no plug-ins folder in my AppleScript folder.)

– As a side note, I just wanted to thank the whole MacScripter community. Even though I just became a member today, I’ve been scripting since last February and found your site on my first search for help on a scripting question. Since then, your forums have answered my questions, or in most cases, led me in the correct direction to figuring out my own questions, at least 50 times. I hope that when I get a few more things figured out about scripting that I will be able to contribute here as well. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Model: MacBook
AppleScript: 2.1.1
Browser: Safari 1.0.3 (85.8.1)
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

You wouldn’t use AppleScript for that.

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Script Editor/

FWIW, the only plug-in I have is LibrarySE.

Thanks for the info Bruce . . . too bad you can’t. I checked under /Library/Application Support/Apple and didn’t find a Script Editor folder. Guess you need a plug-in first. Thanks again.