mavericks indesignCC compile errors being thrown ?

Hi
I am using Xcode 4.6.3 & indesign CC, my app has been working great, up until I had to add a few
extra features, after I had made the changes, and gone to build my app i get an error thrown in Xcode

The script this error is going to has not been touched at all, I am working on a completely different
script in my app, I have located the troubled area, and the error is pointed to the line

save document 1 to (choose file name default name theFolderName default location save_loc1 as alias)

where the “to” seems to be the problem, for the life of me I have no idea, can some body shed some light on this
for me please.

tell application "Finder"
if (the folder theFolderName of desktop exists) then
							set save_loc1 to (folders of desktop whose name is theFolderName) as text
							tell application "Adobe InDesign CC"
								activate
				save document 1 to (choose file name default name theFolderName default location save_loc1 as alias)
							end tell
                            else
							set name of folder theFile to theFolderName as text
							set save_loc1 to (folders of desktop whose name is theFolderName) as text
							tell application "Adobe InDesign CC"
								activate
                        end if
                         end tell

cheers
Budgie

You don’t say what OS you’re using, but it’s a really bad idea to nest tell app blocks inside each other like that.

You also shouldn’t have that “as alias” in there – choose file name can only return an alias if the user is replacing a file. You can’t have an alias of a file that doesn’t yet exist. Try breaking into two lines, like:

set theNewFile to (choose file name default name theFolderName default location save_loc1)
               save document 1 to theNewfile

You might get a more useful error message, at least.

sorry for the late reply Shane, OSX 10.9, all suggestions taken on board, I cleaned the app and rebuilt it, the issue seems
to have disappeared, strange, thanks