Measure units in illustrator

How do I specify dimensions in adobe illustrator? I can’t set as centimeters as inches as millimeters etc. just the numerics and these are point value even with the app set to use millimeters. This can NOT be right, somebody please tell me I don’t need to do this:

tell application "Illustrator CS"
	set docRef to the current document
	make new rectangle in layer "Layer 1" of docRef with properties ¬
		{fill color:{cyan:0, magenta:100, yellow:100.0, black:0.0}, stroked:false, position:{5 * 2.8346, 292 * 2.8346}, width:10 * 2.8346, height:10 * 2.8346}
end tell

I have now found the scripting guide for this application, it doesn’t come with it and now I have the answer to my question. Sad but true I need to do the math for this application even in CS2 that is garbage in quark you can use any mixed measurement and it calculates every thing to point value for you. Will be going straight over to the feature requests for a rant there * 2.834645 you are having a laugh.

Have added this to illustrator feature requests over at adobe along with being able to set the current ruler units and document height and width [r/o] if the application can do the math for me why not in scripting too.