Migration to 10.5 of multiple Folder Watch scripts -- any 'gotchas'?

My client has a workflow of Folder Actions that sequentially moves a file through a handful of folders. Each stage performs a different action such as file rename, image conversion, manipulation and then moved to a network share. A lot like a “marble moving through a maze” as the files move from folder to folder.

The scripts and actions were first developed for OS 9, then they migrated to OS 10.4 on G4 hardware with some edits and additions. But everything was working. Sometimes the machines would be overloaded with System Events taking all the cpu cycles when it was processing many jobs.

Due to a new lease agreement we need to move the machines to new Mac Pros running 10.5.8.

I used Migration Utility to migrate the folders and scripts and applications. I had to reattach the actions to the folders. All good.

Now I’m debugging.

The first issue is the files don’t want to move from folder to folder on their own. I can manually drop the file onto each folder each step of the way and the folder action performs. But if I initiate at the beginning the subsequent folder actions don’t trigger. Eventually Folder Actions will stop and I need to re-attach/re-enable folder actions.

Before I go script by script and look at the code (I’m not an Apple scripter, though) what has changed in 10.5 with Folder Watching that I need to resolve?

Model: Mac Pro
AppleScript: 2.0
Browser: Safari 531.9
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

Hi,

all changes and improvements are described in the AppleScript Release Notes for Mac OS X version 10.5