missing project.pbxproj file, any help as to what to do please.

gidday

I have just taken possession of a new Mac Book Pro and have just installed Xcode from the 10.6 install disk, launched Xcode, made a really basic Cocoa-AppleScript Application, ran build in debug mode, pushed a few buttons on my app, then quit the app and closed Xcode, went to re-open the Xcode project and a dialog pops up saying

Project /Users/Budgie/Desktop/Untitled/Untitled.xcodeproj cannot be opened because it is missing its project.pbxproj file.

what possibly could the problem be, and how can I rectify it please.

Budgie

just to add to this i have just created a new Cocoa-AppleScript Application done nothing with it, gone to close it by clicking on the the red x and the project throws an error

ERROR; The project “TEST2.xcodeproj” failed to save. Do you wish to continue closing the project?

The first thing I’d suggest would be to download and install the latest version of Xcode (3.2.2).

gidday Shane

ill do that now and report back.

Budgie

ok, just downloaded 3.2.3 installed, created a new Cocoa-AppleScript Application, saved it to the desktop, clicked on the red x to close, error thrown:

The project “Untitled.xcodeproj” failed to save. Do you wish to continue closing the project?

so I click close, then try to re-open, error thrown:

Project /Users/Budgie/Desktop/Untitled/Untitled.xcodeproj cannot be opened because it is missing its project.pbxproj file.

repaired permissions, same issue again, any ideas?

just created a new account, in which xcode performed correctly, so it’s a permission issue im guessing, but where to look?

The Xcode stuff is in /Developer. You could try deleting it and reinstalling.

repaired permissions again and then did a restart again, and wolla it runs fine now in the user account that xcode did not run correctly in, cheers for your input Shane.