More Filemaker find problems

OK, I thought I had this solved but not really. What happens now is that if seems to extend the find set to the last find plus what ever else just asked it to find. Also I would really rather use the command

show (first record whose cellValue of field “iCalUID” = TheUID)

as opposed to the find command below. I think this has something to do with the fact that this is a multi-table database. When I use the show command on the first table in the database it works find.

Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,

George

tell application “FileMaker Pro”
activate
set win_num to index of window “Meetings”
show window win_num
tell database “GTD”
go to layout “MeetingDetail”
tell table “Meeting”
do script “FromiCalEvent”
set therequest to create new request
set data of field “iCalUID” of therequest to TheUID
find
delete therequest
end tell
end tell
end tell

Interesting, seems like Too many Tells were my problem. Removing some of them fixed it. Did not know that would cause an issue. Can anyone explain?

tell application “FileMaker Pro”
activate

set win_num to index of window "Meetings"
show window win_num
go to layout "MeetingDetail"

do script "FromiCalEvent"
show (first record whose cellValue of field "iCalUID" = TheUID)
tell current record
	set cell "TempUID" to TheUID
end tell

end tell

I don’t think you need to tell the table because it assumes your talking to the table of of whatever layout your on at least thats what I think

additionally you are setting the data to cell rather than field … cell set the cell of a single record field set data to all records

do you have mulitple records with the same iCalUID ?

Gotcha on the Tell Cell. I think most of my problems were related to “over Tell-ing”? Can’t figure out why that causes a problem though.That said if you “set data” to a vairable like TheRecord it does work. I use this for record adds.

how are you setting theRecord