Mounting Volumes via IP

I’m trying to mount a volume shared out from a Windows NT server using ExtremeZ-IP to run AppleTalk (AFP) over IP.I’m using the following command:

mount volume "afp://171.17.41.253/Volume1" as user name "username" with password "password"

“mount volume” is part of OS 9’s Standard Additions scripting addition. An osbcure numeric error is reported back and the volume is NOT mounted. I have successfully mounted “normal” AppleTalk volumes using the same command and a similar syntax.

Thanks.

Check what version of Applescript you’re using - Apple’s released a fix (v1.4.3) which addresses mounting volumes for NT et al. http://asu.info.apple.com/swupdates.nsf/artnum/n11683 will get you there. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip–unfortunately, I’ve already got the update and I still can’t make it work…

Well, I’ve made some progress, Ken: Not sure if this helps, but…

Downloaded a trial of ExtremeZ-IP, set it up with a volume. This apparently also gives it a server name (same as the main server name, but with “IP” at the end.

mount volume "afp://192.168.1.254/volume" on server "TAROMANIP" as user name "username" with password "password"

…returns a file permission error. If I leave the password off, and enter this myself, the volume will mount. Trying to find a way to change the encryption level in ExtremeZ-IP may be an idea - I’m thinking two-way encryption is still spotty at best.
Regards…