Mouse move even when computer is unattended ...

Hi,

For the purpose of a script, I need to check periodically if the mouse’s cursor has moved. I would normally expect that when my computer is left unattended that the mouse’s cursor would not move.

This morning after verifying the log that monitors the execution of that script, I realized that all night each script iteration confirmed that the mouse’s cursor was moving. Never saw that before …

How can that be possible ? Can a background process or system activity modify the mouse’s cursor location even if the mouse does not really move ?

Regards.

Robert

It’s possible. I have a Logitech Mouse and one of the options is for it to center the cursor over the default button in a dialog box. So if you enter a dialog box, the mouse pointer will quickly jump to the default button, even if you aren’t moving the mouse.

But that’s a special case, I don’t know why any other process would do that, especially if you’re not using the computer. Have you tried the script on a different computer?

Hi,

I have an Apple wired mouse … and have no other computer to try it on. This does not happen always. I have to monitor it to try to find out the problem.

I will try to see what could be the cause of this … Thanks for helping.

Robert