Moving Files to mounted volume on Desktop??

I have a question on moving files from a folder on our mac hard drive to a folder on a mounted volume from the desktop. The following applescript worked flawlessly on our OS9 machines, but we recently got new machines with OS X.

The mounted volume is called “Label Images”.

Any ideas? tough for this windows guy to figure this out apparently. I think it might have something to do with the file structure in OSX and how we are calling the “desktop”, but not sure.

– moves the file to the right folder
(* if (the folder one_digit of disk “Label Images” of desktop exists) then
if (the folder two_digits of folder one_digit of disk “Label Images” of desktop exists) then
if (the folder three_digits of folder two_digits of folder one_digit of disk “Label Images” of desktop exists) then *)

if (the folder account_number of folder three_digits of folder two_digits of folder one_digit of disk “Label Images” of desktop exists) then display dialog “Label Images of Desktop”
move file file_name of folder this_folder_name of disk disk_name of desktop to folder account_number ¬

of folder three_digits ¬
of folder two_digits ¬
of folder one_digit ¬

of disk “Label Images” of desktop (* replacing conflicts *)

display dialog “Folder Exists”

else

make new folder at folder three_digits of folder two_digits of folder one_digit of disk “Label
Images” of desktop with properties {name:account_number} move file file_name of folder this_folder_name of disk disk_name of desktop to folder account_number

of folder three_digits ¬
of folder two_digits ¬
of folder one_digit ¬

of disk “Label Images” of desktop (* replacing conflicts *)

end if

The only thing I can think of is that in OSX you have to specify your destination a little better. The desktop that you used to refer to in OS9 was the desktop you always saw. In OS10 the desktop you want is probably inside a folder that is associated with your user name. On my computer it would look something like this:

if folder “1” of folder “2” of folder “3” of disk “Label Images” of folder “Desktop” of folder “YourUserName” of folder “Users” of startup disk exists then

you could also set a variable something as such:

set file_path to “Label Images:Desktop:YourUserName:Users:YourStartupDiskName:”

the colon after the last item in this line defines a folder or drive. If you use this method and you’re looking for a file than leave off the colon.

If you’re unsure of the file path, all you need to do, is open your start up drive and look at the contents as a list view and click the black triangle to show how the folders are nested.

I hope this helps. You could also use an alias of your drive “Label Images” and use that to mount the drive if it is not already present.