Moving the stand alone flash player

Hi,

I’m doing a flash project with 5 flash movies and 5 beamers. The beamers are attached to one Mac Pro, and each movie should be on a different beamer. I want to be able to start the whole application, without having to drag each movie to it’s beamer and full-screen it from there. I would rather have one script to launch all 5 flash movies, and move them into place. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of:

tell application "Finder"
	open document file "dirigent.swf" of folder "SomeFoler" of folder "karel" of folder "Users" of startup disk
end tell

tell application "SAFlashPlayer"
	activate
	set bounds of front window to {16, 16, 16, 16}
end tell

but I get the error: can’t set bounds of window 1 to {16, 16, 16, 16}

Does this mean the flash player just doesn’t support this? How can I figure out what it does support? Is there another way?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Karel

Well, first let me say that I don’t have any experience in scripting the Flash Player. But you can open an application’s dictionary by choosing File > Open Dictionary… in Script Editor. You’ll get a list of every application on your system after a few moments. The trick is you need to look for SAFlashPlayer, not Flash Player (I believe “SA” stands for “Stand Alone”).

The only thing in the dictionary is the Projector suite, which only has the projectorize class. The “required suite” is there, but doesn’t list anything, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it just doesn’t support the bounds property.

You might be able to use UI scripting, as Macromedia Flash (as in the IDE, not the Player) supports that decently well, if UI scripting can move windows around.