My Mail Search doesn't want to work...Table View perhaps the culprit?

Hey…

So, I’m still trying to get “Mail Search” to work after a few weeks of working on it (keep in mind that this is a pure hobby for me and I can only work on AS Studio stuff for maybe an hour every other day…).

I’ve got what appears to be most of it working. The mailboxes show up in the Outline View, I can initiate a search, and through logs and display dialogs I can verify that the search finds accurate results. However, none of the results show up in my table view.

I’m pretty sure that the code is executing, as I’ve liberally peppered display dialogs into the addMessage handler, and the data is there, but nothing seems to show up.

I’ve copied the handler from the sample version of the app, and I’ve compared the nib files between mine and the supplied sample, and I’ve been over the documentation where the tutorial goes through adding the table and setting up the data source. I can’t find anything wrong with what I’m doing, but I’m totally sure that I, being the noob that I am, am missing something.

So, here’s the code from addMessage handler (the handler that takes some properties of a message and creates a table row out of them) that I have:

on addMessage(messageFrom, messageSubject, messageMailbox)
			display dialog "addMessage(" & messageFrom & ", " & messageSubject & ", " & messageMailbox & ")"
			-- Add a new row
			set theRow to make new data row at the end of the data rows of data source of table view "messages" of scroll view "messages" of split view 1 of theWindow
			-- Add "From" cell
			set name of data cell 1 of theRow to "from"
			set contents of data cell 1 of theRow to messageFrom
			-- Add "Subject" cell
			set name of data cell 2 of theRow to "subject"
			set contents of data cell 2 of theRow to messageSubject
			-- Add "Mailbox" cell
			set name of data cell 3 of theRow to "mailbox"
			set contents of data cell 3 of theRow to messageMailbox
			--display dialog ("name of data cell 3 of theRow: (should be 'mailbox')  " & name of data cell 3 of theRow)
			--display dialog ("contents of data cell 3 of theRow: (should be the mailbox)  " & contents of data cell 3 of theRow)
		end addMessage

this is the code from the supplied sample version of the app:

on addMessage(messageFrom, messageSubject, messageMailbox)
			-- Add a new row
			set theRow to make new data row at the end of the data rows of data source of table view "messages" of scroll view "messages" of split view 1 of theWindow

-- Add "From" cell
			set name of data cell 1 of theRow to "from"
			set contents of data cell 1 of theRow to messageFrom

-- Add "Subject" cell
			set name of data cell 2 of theRow to "subject"
			set contents of data cell 2 of theRow to messageSubject

-- Add "Mailbox" cell
			set name of data cell 3 of theRow to "mailbox"
			set contents of data cell 3 of theRow to messageMailbox

-- set the associated object of theRow to m
		end addMessage

I’ve also been through the Table sample app, to see what I could see, and I can’t see anything missing in terms of setting up the row and the data source.

But I’ve gotta be missing something…anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Model: PowerMac G5 dual 2.7, OS X 10.4.7
AppleScript: 1.10.7
Browser: Firefox 1.5.0.6
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)