Need opinion on iChat script...

Hello,

Let me preface my question with this: I’m an AppleScript n00b – only written one script a few months ago, and I killed those brain cells already. :slight_smile:

With that in mind, here’s the problem I’m trying to solve: I usually IM people using the iChat menu in the menu bar, not the “full” Buddy List window. When I do that, I can’t tell if the user is Mobile or not. Since several people I work with forward their IMs to their cell phones when they are away, I often inadvertantely IM them something that probably could have waited until they weren’t “Mobile”.

So, I’d like to write a script for iChat that will either remove the name from the iChat menu bar menu if they are Mobile (as if they are offline), or perhaps put an (M), or some other indicator next to their name.

Does this sound possible? I looked through the iChat dictionary, and nothing poped out at me as being able to do this. I also looked for other AppleScrpts perhaps to serve as a “base” for this, and didn’t see anything with similar functionality. So before I spend hours researching something that’s not possible, I wanted to get a few opinions from people that know a lot more then I do. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Swannie