Need to open PDF in Photoshop specifying height, width, no proportion

I’ve reached an impasse with a final bit of code I’m writing for an applescript. Specifically, it uses Photoshop CS3 on a OS X 10.5 machine, to open an Acrobat PDF file (still containing vector artwork), and stretching it vertically and horizontally, to be a new overall size. The stretch is not in proportion, and anti aliasing is off. Is there any way of doing to do this? I’ve read many posts and adobe’s docs and the fact that the height, width, and constrain proportions on open have been deprecated. Here is the code that I’ve been tinkering with outside my main script. I even tried javascript, although poorly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

on run filee
	set filee to (choose file) as list
	theScript(filee)
end run

on theScript(theImages)

tell application "Adobe Photoshop CS3"
		activate
		set myfile to theImages as alias
		--do action "openpdfbw" from "Default Actions"
		--batch "openpdfbw" from files {myfile} from "Default Actions" with options {class:batch options}

(*		do javascript "{var originalRulerUnits = app.preferences.ruler;app.preferences.rulerUnits = Units.INCHES;var pdfOpenOptions = new PDFOpenOptions;pdfOpenOptions.antiAlias = false;pdfOpenOptions.height = 20.67;pdfOpenOptions.width = 10.87;pdfOpenOptions.mode = OpenDocumentMode.CMYK;pdfOpenOptions.resolution = 300;pdfOpenOptions.page = 1;pdfOpenOptions.constrainProportions = false;var fileRef = File(app.path + " / Samples / ");app.open(/Systems/Users/beloit/Desktop/test.pdf, pdfOpenOptions );{app.preferences.rulerUnits = originalRulerUnits;}"

*)

set display dialogs to never
		--close documents saving no
		set workpath to theImages
		set display dialogs to never
		open workpath as PDF with options {class:PDF open options, height:pixels 6201, width:pixels 3261, constrain proportions:false, use antialias:false, mode:grayscale, bits per channel:eight, page:2, resolution:300, name:"test", crop page:media box}

end tell
end theScript

Sorry but Im just on the way out (It’s Friday night you know!). Find the height and width of the PDF first caluclate res to your max dimension then resize out of pro when open.

Thank you for the quick response. Is it Friday?! This script has been irritating me for the last two days! I should have put more detail, I apologize. Here’s the sticky wicket. The initial PDF file is (11.83 x 18.67"). I need to open that file in Photoshop at 300 dpi and have the resultant file dimensions stretch to (10.87 x 20.67"). It’s a non-proportional resize from the original file size with a slight reduction in width, and a significant increase in height. Photoshop keeps bringing it in at the original size, it ignores the height and width I specify in the open options. The image is intended to have a stretched look. For the sake of maintaining maximum vector quality, I only want to alter the sizing on first open to retain as much quality as possible and avoid resizing and resampling once open in photoshop. Basically, I just want to mirror what I do manually. Enjoy your evening, I hope you might have an additional nugget of info for me in the near future!

It’s not a case of this NOT being available to AppleScript. You can’t do this in any of Photoshop’s scripting language options because it’s no longer part of the app. You won’t be able to record anything using the ‘scriptlistener’ plugin either as these options do not appear in the PDF open dialog box. The only way Photoshop can retain your vectors is to place as ‘smart object’ you could distort that to size. But eventually the same image engine is going rasterize this data which ever way you go about this.

Alright, I’m a little stubborn… Last attempt of bypassing Adobe’s myopic stupidity. I created two droplets that do exactly what I want to do, one for CMYK and one for BW. They open the file at the disproportionate sizing and resolution that I require. Is it possible to call (or apply) a Photoshop droplet to a file using applescipt? I thought I could use the batch command, but that is linked to the file I opened when creating the action (unless there’s a way of making the action generic but not loosing open options). Am I still barking up the wrong tree, or does this line of thought have some merit? Thank you again for all the responses, it’s good to have someone to bounce my thoughts off of. Much thanks!

In the event that it is helpful to someone else, here is what I finally ended up having to do (albeit clunky) to get this to work and bypass the limitations of PS. I created two droplets (bw and cmyk) that open the file with the options I desired. I stored the droplets on a server that is accessible to all machines that may run this script. I copy down the droplets to a directory on the local machine, and then call the droplets from the script after first doing a crop in Acrobat to avoid rasterizing. After which, I finish processing the image in PS and save out. The resulting file contains no aliasing and vector artwork (text) is tack sharp since I only have to rasterize the image once and do not resize in PS. The command to call the droplet turned out to be:

tell application "Finder" to open file theImage using file ({opendroplet} as string)
delay 5

I’d be lying if said I understood the syntax (brackets and use of string?). It’s much simpler than I had expected. Truth be told, my command of the finder is severely lacking in the world of AS. I also found that I had to put a delay into the script to keep the script from stepping on itself when opening the file, these files are quite large. So not the best solution, but it works, and is machine independent. Thank you again Mark for you kind responses. After reading hundreds of posts, you (particularly for graphic software) and StefanK seem to be rockstars in AS!