Hello. I’m new to this but I’m a quick study and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I’m trying to do the following with a new service:
- Select a number of items sprinkled hither-and-yon on the Desktop (Snow Leopard).
- Create a new folder on the Desktop with a title I give it.
- Move (not copy) the selected items into the new folder.
- Erase the now-duplicated items that are sprinkled hither-and-yon on the Desktop.
I’m having the most trouble with #4, above. To simply move items into a new folder, all I need to do, I think, is
- Create a service.
- Get selected items.
- Make a new folder (the selected items are automatically passed into it).
But in this example, the old, scattered items are still lying all over my desktop, so I have to select them again and then move them to the Trash. I don’t want to have to do this last step. I want Automator to take care of it.
Sorry, this message doesn’t follow the convention for posting code (but there isn’t any code).
Any thoughts? Many thanks in advance.
Model: Macbook Pro Snow Leopard
Browser: Firefox 9.0.1
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)