Newbie: scripts for networking two Macs by ethernet

Newbie. Hope I’m in the right forum, and not rehashing old ground. Seeking three scripts to relieve me from repetitive tedium when hooking my two Macs together by ethernet. Not sure but I think I would probably want the scripts to be standalone applications.

A. For PowerBook running OS X 10.4.11 and Applescript 1.10.7

1. Open Sharing pane of System Preferences and select the Services tab (the Services tab appears to be the default tab so maybe that part is unnecessary).
  2. Check the Personal File Sharing checkbox and wait for Personal File Sharing to start up.
  3. Open the Network pane of System Preferences and select Built-in Ethernet from the Show: menu

B. For the same PowerBook as above (OS X 10.4.11 and Applescript 1.10.7)

1. Same as Step 1 above.
  2. Uncheck the Personal File Sharing checkbox.

C. For MacBook running OS X 10.5.4 and Applescript 2.0.1

1. Open Sharing pane of System Preferences
  2. Check the File Sharing checkbox
  3. Make the Finder the frontmost application and select “Conect to Server…” in the Go pulldown menu [or perform keystroke command-K]
  4. Enter “afp://169.254.” (without the quotes)
  5. Wait for user to hit Return or click the Connect button and for the next dialog window to open.
  6. Click the Registered User radio button.
  7. Enter [NAME] in the Name: field
  8. Click into the Password: field.
    Many TIA!

See this topic. Look at the script I posted in post #3. It shows how to access system preference stuff and delay until the proper information is showing. It should give you a good start.
http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=30383