NSTextField enable button only when numbers are typed, no letters

Hey, is there a way that a button can be showed/visified/enabled when there are only numbers in the NSTextField ?

-And I know this question isn’t in the title but is it also possible to only show/etc. the button when there are a certain amount of characters (numbers is the above is possible) are typed ? for example, only make a button clickable when there are 14 numbers typed ?

Really thanks in advance.
I think this is my last question.

Hi,

probably there are smarter methods, but I use this in one of my projects.
Connect the text field to the on changed handler

on changed theObject
	set textValue to string value of theObject
	set textValue to check_integer(textValue)
	if textValue contains "´" or textValue contains "`" or textValue contains "^" or textValue contains "~" then set textValue to ""
	set string value of theObject to textValue
	set enabled of button "button" of window "window" to (length of textValue > 13)
end changed

property ciphers : "0123456789"

on check_integer(v)
	tell v
		try
			if last character is not in ciphers then
				if length is 1 then return ""
				return text 1 thru -2
			else
				return (it as integer) as text
			end if
		on error
			return ""
		end try
	end tell
end check_integer

It works (almost) thanks…
the only problem is, when I type 123456789 -OK but once I type my 10th number, the text box displays “1,23456789E+9” and when I then type another number (making it the 14th characater in total of the box), then the button displays so everything is fine except that I get the E+X thing and the comma when typing the 10th number.

sorry I used the handler with a maximum length of 5 characters
But it’s no problem, this slightly changed handler should work

on check_integer(v)
	tell v
		try
			if last character is not in ciphers then
				if length is 1 then return ""
				return text 1 thru -2
			else
				it as integer
				return it
			end if
		on error
			return ""
		end try
	end tell
end check_integer

Oh, that did the trick. I also changed (length of textValue > 13) to (length of textValue = 14).

You’ve been a really BIG help for me, thanks Stefan! If my application once gets developed further till it’s ready to release, then I’ll certainly will give you a copy of it.