Objective-C/Cocoa | Spinner Drawing Problem

First of all I’m sorry I post my question here, but I don’t know any good forums for Cocoa questions and I know there are some very talented coders here on MacScripter.net.

I recently succeeded my application PDFMaker in AppleScript Studio, and now I want to completely rewrite it in Objective-C just for testing my self and learning new things. But I encountered a problem.

I wanted to programatically make a panel with a simple NSProgressIndicator in spinning style. I succeed in making that panel, but when I attach it to the main window I get some white behind the spinner i[/i]. I attach the panel thru the beginSheet:modalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:-method of NSApplication.

This is the subclass:
IEFProgressPanel.h

IEFProgressPanel.m

My original idea was not to attach it to the main window as a sheet. But make a translucent panel in the middle of the main window. But that’s something beyond my limits now.

Hope someone can help me,
ief2

OEPS: I actually intended to place it at Applescript Studio & Xcode

Hi,

why programmatically?

To take less memory I think. I originally wanted to load the window/panel from another nib, but I had no idea how to do that.

If it’s only a panel and you’re using beginSheet:modalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo: you can have the panel in the same nib. Memory does not really matter.

Alright, thank you