Open Dictionary - Item to open not listed

There is a program I would like to cut/paste automatically files to be converted from mpg to mp4.

I am doing a similar function with Toast where files to be included on a DVD are cut/pasted in the app. It does then require less user intervention.

At the line "Tell application “MP4converter” I went down the list of applications and the “MP4converter” is not highlighted. To get to "MP4converter " I have to use the Browse button.

I then went to the Open Dictionary and the “MP4converter” is not selectable.

Is my thinking correct, this mean the developer of this Mp4converter application made it to only run interactively. There is no way for me to automate some of the processes (cut/paste) with an applescript.

Is my thinking correct?

Thanks!

Not necessarily.

I wonder if you have tried to drop the app onto the library window in Script Editor? If not, try that first.

If that doesn’t work, open the app as a package, and change the “scriptable” property to true, then you may experience some scriptability, but maybe not as much as you hoped for.

Thanks McUsrII.

I’ve opened the AppleScript Editor Library Window and I add the following message.

Unable to ad the application or extension because it is not scriptable

Am I right to think the application does not allow AppleScript to do with it.

Thanks!

Try also to open the plist file that resides within the application package, and add a property scriptable with the boolean value true. You may be in luck! :wink:

When you have done that, retry to add it to the AppleScript Editor’s library, and see if something turns up.

If the app is properly written with Objective-C, then you may at least be able to retrieve objects from it.

There are only two properties in the application plist file.

CBSJumped = true
LastVersion = 3.0.1

Hard to say which programming has been used for this application.

Just try adding the scriptable property. You can always remove it again if it doesn’t work. Sounds like it won’t work, but it is still worth trying!