Outlook 2011 apply signature

Hi All,

as the voting feature is not apart of Outlook 2011 I have created a signature that contains 2 mailto links in them. The problem that I’m having is applying my signature to the outgoing message. Does anyone know how I can do this please?

When I run this:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
	activate
	set newMessage to make new outgoing message
	set the message signature of newMessage to signature "Approve-Reject"
end tell

I just get this error:
error “Microsoft Outlook got an error: Can’t set message signature of outgoing message id 116 to signature "Approve-Reject".” number -10006 from message signature of outgoing message id 116

Thanks,
Nik

For what it’s worth, I was never able to figure out the signature syntax, so I always construct the signature I need as a text string and simply concatenate it to the end of the message content.

The problem is that the signature contains 2 hyperlinks like this:

Approve or Reject

and the words Approve and Reject are mailto links that I don’t think I can get to appear as links if I create them using a script?

Thanks,
Nik

It appears that by default messages are created in HTML format in Outlook, with that in mind I’ve just past my links directly to the message and it appears to do what I want:

set the_Content to "<br><a href=\"mailto:me@email.co.uk?subject=Artwork Approval\">Approve</a> or <a href=\"mailto:me@email.co.uk?subject=Artwork Rejected\">Reject</a><br>"

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

set theMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:"Proofs", content:the_Content}

open theMessage

end tell

Thanks,
Nik