Outlook not responding to request for Selection.

Every time I run the script below it tells me the id of the selection is 12610, no matter what I have selected.

I have extracted this out of a script that was working perfectly for years.

I have rebooted and all the usual stuff. Even ran the script in different script editors. Same result.

totally confused.

tell application “Microsoft Outlook”
set currSelection to selection
set bob to id of currSelection
end tell

It gets stranger.

I just tried it again, and the id references a different item, but is now stuck on the new item.

The old item still exists though.


Well, is seems that the use of the word “selection” is no longer properly supported.

I switched to using “selected objects” then parsed the result to get what I wanted.


I think the proper syntax is this:

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
	set currSelection to (get selection)
	set bob to id of item 1 of currSelection
end tell