Panel Views

Hi folks I’m trying to figure out how to deal with panel ended handlers and the fact that code does not wait the panel to end before moving on. Here is what I am trying to do. I have a table view that I want to add items to. Upon clicking the “+” button the user should be prompted with a open panel and select the first file/folder. After they have done it the second open panel opens and the user now selects the second file/folder and now the table updates with the paths.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this? I had tried launching the second panel inside the panel ended event of the first panel, but I couldn’t make that work. I also had tried doing a repeat after the first panel launch that doesn’t end until a global is set in the first panel ended and then launch the second, but I couldn’t get that working either.

I’m on a bit of a timetable here so if anyone has an idea or some code samples I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Just a follow up, I ended up using the suggestion posted by Philip Buckley on the AS Studio list. Here was his suggestion.

I think Philip was right on the money with this idea. In the end I was able to keep a unified look by still utilizing panels and keep the interface simple for the end user.