Password for Screen Saver

Hello. I searched for an answer, but I couldn’t find one that worked. So, I am posting here to see if anyone can help.

I am trying to find an easy way to switch between needing a screensaver password. At work, I want the password on, but when I bring the laptop home I don’t want to enter it every time. I figured there has to be a quicker way to do this than opening system preferences each time and manually selecting and de-selecting the option. I don’t know if an apple script or an automator process would work better. Any input would be appreciated, as it’d save me a good 10 seconds many times a day :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I’ve seen in various threads (just search for “Screen saver”) that the Screen Saver Preference Pane doesn’t seem to keep settings that have been set with an Applescript (don’t ask me why).

There might be a user defaults command (“defaults write somethingorother”) that would work with “do shell script.”

Hopefully someone who has screen saver experience will post a thought or two. :slight_smile:

Look at this thread. http://bbs.applescript.net/viewtopic.php?id=22695

In post #6 the is an answer, that gets around the problems with GUI scripting and the prefs not sticking.