Path to me query...

Hi there everyone,

I’ve read through quite a few posts on this trying to find an answer hopefully someone can help.

If I have a script open in Script Editor and I use path to me I get a path to the Editor itself, not the script I have open.

If I option-click on the script name, in the bar at the top of the script window, I get a path back to where the script is.
Can anyone tell me where I can pick up this information becasue it’s giving me what I want.

I’ve had a trawl through a few plists but as yet I haven’t found it.

Thanks.

Nick

Model: Poewr PC G5
Browser: Safari 419.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

I’m almost positive this is a problem with Script Editor on Tiger and that the issue has been fixed in Leopard’s version. You will find that many scripters here actually use Smile or Script Debugger rather then Script Editor and neither of these encounter this problem.

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.
Yeah, I have Script Debugger too, will have to use that in future.
I was trying to come up with a work round so the script could be used on other machines.

Regards,

Nick

I don’t know what the script does, but can you save it as an application and have it run that way? Applications, regardless of the tool used to create them, should be able to path back to themselves.

Hi James,

Thanks for the suggestion, think I’m going to go have to go down that route anyway so it’ll solve the problem.

One thing I did notice though is that when I take the script in question and execute it from Script Debugger it takes far longer than when I execute the same script from Script Editor? Not sure why that is, any ideas?

Regards,

Nick

Model: Poewr PC G5
Browser: Safari 419.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Hmm, thats odd. Can you post the script? And what version of Script Debugger are you using?

I’m using version 4.0.5u of Script Debugger.