Photoshop scripting help! - PS SEEMS SLOW - PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am having a tough time. Photoshop seems to be very slow when scripting it and I am not sure if someone knows of some short cuts that will help speed it up. All I am trying to do is open a file, run an action, save that file, and then rename the file. Here is the code that I am trying to process:

set thePath to (path to desktop as string) & "new script:test:"
set theFileList to list folder thePath without invisibles

repeat with i from 1 to count of theFileList

set thisFile to item i in theFileList

tell application "Adobe Photoshop CS2"
		activate
		tell application "Finder"
			set thewholefile to thePath & thisFile as alias
			copy {(name of thewholefile), (name extension of thewholefile)} to {the_name, the_extension}
			if the_extension is not "" then set the_name to (text 1 thru ((length of the_name) - (length of the_extension) - 1) of the_name)
		end tell
		set ProofImage to thePath & the_name & "1." & the_extension
		set thisFilePath to (thePath as string) & thisFile as alias
		open thisFilePath
		do action "Proofs" from "eMotion Actions"
		set myOptions to {class:JPEG save options, format options:progressive, scans:3, quality:12}
		save current document in file ProofImage as JPEG with options myOptions appending no extension with copying
		close current document saving no
		tell application "Finder"
			set comment of (ProofImage as alias) to the_name as string
			set name of file (ProofImage) to "1 - 0" & i & "." & the_extension
		end tell
	end tell

end repeat

Its more likely that the Finder is the culprit. I try to avoid ever using the Finder in a script and it makes a huge difference. Use text item delimiters to get the name and extension of your file instead. First use “:” as a tid and get the last item. Then use “.” on the result and the first item willl be your file name, the second your extension.