Please HElp on simple script

I am wondering if anyone out there could help me out on building a simple script. I don’t know too much about scripting so hold tight.

All I need a scripte which i can attach to a folder. All it needs to do is take any file that gets added to it (FOLDER A) and move it to a different filder (FOLDER B). I can fill in the local paths.

Additional help would be to make it rename files (adding suffix of a,b,c, etc or .1, .2. .3, etc) when a file with the same name appears in FOLDER B.

Again, any help would be great@!!!

Hello Nevermore44,

“Once upon a midnight dreary.
While I pondered weak and weary…” (E.A. Poe)

I most humbly suggest that you do a search for keywords on this site such as “move” and “files”, etc… I just did, and came up with hundreds of threads (some of them were originally posted by “Nevermore44”). Here’s one that I believe will be of some help:

http://bbs.applescript.net/viewtopic.php?t=4956&highlight=move+files

Sincerely,

Variable as the shade

yeah i tryed to post the other day and it kept added me into a different post… but as a reply… but it changed the original poster to myself… ohh well. It worked this time.

I had done a search and can’t seem to piece together the basic script.

This is what I have so far…

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
tell application “Finder”
move added_itmes of this_folder to Mac_OS_10
end tell
end adding folder items to

I attach the script and it doesnt move any items when i drop them in.

This should do it, just make sure you enter the path to the folder you want to move files to where specified (in the form “Disk Name:Folder Name:Folder Name:FolderName”, etc.

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

One thing I don’t understand however, is why you don’t just make an alias to the folder you want to move files to and use it as “Folder A”. Since the files are being moved instead of copied, there’s really no reason to have two actual folders.

Any aliases that i make and place in the shared folder, are not recognized over the server.

In that script… am i only placing in the path in the properties line or also below ?