Postbox for Mac - Compose HTML email?

Hi all,

I know how to tell Postbox to send a message:

tell application "Postbox"
	send message subject htmlSubject recipient emailRecipient body htmlBody with in background
	activate
end tell

… that composes plain-text email, though.

Does anyone know if Postbox for Mac allows scripts to compose HTML-encoded email? If so, how?

Thanks

Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

The word html doesn’t appear in PostBox AppleScript dictionary so I guess that what you need is unavailable and that you will have to build the Html code in an other application.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) vendredi 9 novembre 2012 14:35:44

I don’t use Postbox, but at times I do make html formatted emails.

The important thing to know about html formatted mails, is that the styles must be kept either inline or online!

I use to make the mail in a regular html document, then I open it in Safari, I select all the contents, and paste it into the mail!

You could also start out with an rtf document that you exported/saved as html, viewed in Safari, and copied into your mail.

You can of course also make a template when you have it all styled like you like, and make a copy of the template with the styles, and edit raw html, maybe with short cuts for the styled tags, and the continue the process with Safari, but at some stage following this path, you should be able to paste raw html directly into Mail/Postbox.

Thanks for the replies, but I’m trying to do this without using Safari or doing any copying/pasting, if possible. Creating a temporary file is an option, I guess.

Browser: Safari 537.4
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)