Oh, the last one do.
I actually cannot recommend anybody to try «event ppntsttg».
The effect of it is not quite clear to me, but I try to explain the results, you might be able to tell me what happened. It raised my hugest curiosity.
Called in a second level tell block to anApp identifyed by ID (within a repeat parsing for IDs of different versions of one app), it first quitted my Debugger without dialog or error.
Trying to reopen it happened again.
Trying to open in Apple’s Script Editor, it launched Debugger.
Smile: same behaviour.
Quitting of the illegal opened Debugger didn’t help.
No stop of script possibility, no quit available, current script editor disabled in favour of Debugger, which by the way did nothing but snooze quietly. Only hard-quit (don’t remember what’s called in English) could get me out of this.
Forcing the editor to recompile before restarting the script didn’t help, cleaning up, changing loads of things, no way.
Even after getting rid of all properties, all script objects, leaving one single global with 2 strings containg the ID (from finder). Declaring each silliest var as local. As soon as I run the script the described behaviour would occur.
And mind that: I had not the faintest item calling in the editor.
I cut it short. Even a sys restart didn’t heal the file from calling Debugger. I let the computer sleep over it a night. He didn’t forget.
A sort of switching of application was called in with long lasting memory.
My console told me this: Activity Monitor ERROR: unable to compute major/minor units
Checking background activities didn’t show anything abnormal.
Now, all of a sudden, this stopped (some leasing?).
I cannot reproduce the behaviour either. (Do I really want to?)
I suspect it MIGHT be related with the other silly experiment I did shortly before serving myself with «event ppntsttg»: just before that I tryed to pass in my second level block a begin transaction-end transaction. Just to see what happened.
I got back a dialog from my app telling me he couldn’ t continue the transaction (so he did sort of understand the raw command). Nothing abnormal.
What happens now, is a permanent error -10814 when the repeat reaches the second app ID.
This I had also before, and it’s actually preventing this devilish second level handler to work properly. This error is quite well spread lately, and doesn’t help me build a better handler either.
This whole raw events list (and much more) comes, as you correctly recognized, indeed from an app with an old AS implementation. Obviously I’m trying to get the most of it.
My app is so implemented that no events output me a result. None of the few supported commands. Just executes a few core commands. Not even a list of open documents is among the given facilities (even if it should, or I still didn’t find the way to, also possible). Which makes the whole AS driving quite tiring.
Searching the aedt I found those events. Others not listed here do execute some actions (nothing of interest, unfortunately).
Since I know that I cannot have any result, at least I’d like to know what I can compell him to do.
Model: PowerBook g4, 1500
Browser: Safari 312.6
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)