Problems with File Vault... (get names)

I keep getting -1728 Errors when using my brand new-Droplet (:D) with files stored in my FileVault…

After declaring myself stupid I finally tried this code:

repeat with file_ in names
	tell application "Finder" to set name_ to name of file_
	display dialog name_
end repeat

Now, it works for files outside the FileVault…
I can resolve the POSIX-Path, but I also need the Name of the file and do not want to use shell-scripting for this (simple?) task…

You can’t do this with Filevault turned on. If you examine your home directory in the terminal you will see that it is one huge file. The only way to get around it is to turn Filevault off.

To work around this bug ID #3519134 (homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/bugs/bugs.html), check out “FileVault-proof Finder selection to alias list” at scriptbuilders.net/files/filevaultprooffinderselectiontoaliaslist1.2.html in the ScriptBuilders section. It shows how to coerce FileVault-protected Finder objects into regular AppleScript aliases or POSIX items. Then you can use f.i. “info for” and all other commands of the StandardAdditions on the AppleScript alias of your FileVault-protected file or folder.

HTH

Jan

Model: Alu-PowerBook 15" 1.25 GHz
AppleScript: 1.10
Browser: Safari 417.8
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

No more need for my workaround in Leopard, Apple finally fixed the underlying bug when moving to Mac OS 10.5.

:slight_smile: