property not save.. :(

AS Language guide:
property x: 3 This statement declares a property and sets its initial value. The scope of a property declaration can be either a script object or an entire script. The value set by a property declaration is not reset each time the script is run; instead, it persists until the script is recompiled.

property ss : 1
on will finish launching theObject
  log ss
  set ss to ss + 1
end will finish launching

On start one always returns, why?

properties don’t persist data in AppleScript Studio and even in plain AppleScript there are a few cases properties don’t persist eiter

I checked on stand-alone application (command + O in Finder) - does not work

In Script Editor (i.e. plain AppleScript) the property saves the value. Save the below in Script Editor as an application and run it over and over:

set ss to ss + 1
display dialog ss

In XCode, the property does not work the same way. You must find another way to keep a value saved. I usually use the PList file for the app as there is built-in methods of reading and writing to the PList file. You could also make up your own method, saving out a text file or whatever.

The basic form to do this using your example is:

on will finish launching theObject

--Read in the prefs or create it using the default value if this is the first time running the app
if not (exists default entry "ss" of user defaults) then
	make new default entry at end of default entries of user defaults with properties {name:"ss", contents:ss}
else  --The pref exists so just read in the current value
	set ss to contents of default entry "ss" of user defaults
end if

log ss
set ss to ss + 1

--Write the new value to the PList file.
set contents of default entry "ss" of user defaults to ss

end will finish launching

Model: iMac Intel 10.5.5
Browser: Firefox 3.0.2
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)

How to make then himself for type of Record?

It is possible somehow to use “raw data”?