Put automator on hold

I’m working in an automator workflow to convert movie files (it opens the files in the application “MPEG streamclip” and with an GUI applescript it starts the conversion. I use “Automator Multi-Item Processing Utility” to have Automator take the files one by one.

This works for one file, but if I try to convert more files at once, automator starts the conversion of the second file when the workflow is finished but while the first file is still being processed by “MPEG streamclip”.
This blocks the workflow because MPEG streamclip can only convert one file at the time.
Is there a way to have automator/applescript monitoring the progress of “MPEG streamclip” and put the workflow on hold until it has finished the conversion?

posted this question on the apple boards and didn’t get any response, mayby someone here can help me:)

edit, managed to do it with the action : “Wait for Finder Items” from Automated Workflows, LLC

I just recently looked into scripting for mpeg streamclip, couldn’t find anything. If you could send me the source code of your script in automator i’d be happy to help.

Model: iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz 2GB RAM
Browser: Safari 419.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

This is exactly what I have been trying to figure out how to do!
Would you be willing to tell me how to build the same Workflow? PLEASE! :slight_smile:

Thank You,

Brian