Quark 6 leading: 1=1 =2?

Hi all,

I have got a script for literature lists. All leading needs to be 10.55 pt.
But the indents of the first paragraph are different.
When I run this script the first paragraph gets a leading of “+10.55pt”, which seems to be twice the leading of the normal text.

Even when I put a line at the end of the script which should set all leading back to 10.55 pt it doesn’t work.

Who’s messing up things, Quark or me? I don’t get it.
Who does?

tell application “QuarkXPress Passport”
set literatuurlijst to {font:“Scala-Regular”, size:“8.5pt”, leading:“10.55pt”, justification:left justified, left indent:“34.733mm”, first indent:“-4.233mm”, right indent:“0mm”, space before:“0mm”, space after:“0mm”, grid lock:false, keep all:false, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“4,233 mm”}}}
set eersteParagraaf to {leading:“10.55pt”, left indent:“34.733mm”, first indent:“-34.733mm”, right indent:“0mm”, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“30.5 mm”}}}

tell document 1
	tell current box
		try
			set properties of story 1 to literatuurlijst
			set properties of paragraph 1 to eersteParagraaf
			--set leading of story 1 to 10.55 (This lline doesn't help either)
		end try
	end tell
end tell

end tell

I haven’t even seen Quark 6 yet but I noticed two things in your code.

#1: keep all:false, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“4,233 mm”}}}

maybe should be decimal instead of comma
keep all:false, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“4.233 mm”}}}

#2: --set leading of story 1 to 10.55 (This lline doesn’t help either)
Perhaps: set leading of every parapraph of story 1 to “10.55”

Again, not sure if this will help but worth a try?

Steven.

I think it makes no difference if you write

set leading of story 1 to “10,55pt”
or
set leading of story 1 to 10.55

Both work.

However, I tried it on different ways with no result.
Then I tried it with another textdoc, and everything seems to work fine.

Is it possible that some settings of a word-file are kept in Quark?

Quark applies leading to every line of text based upon the point size of the largest character in the text box. The default character size of a newly created text box is 12 points. When you make your type smaller than the default, Quark still thinks the leading should be based upon the default 12 pt character size (or the largest character you’ve created in the box). This is called relative leading (the leading is relative to the largest character in the text box). To get around this you need to change relative leading to false by adding the following line:

set relative leading of story 1 to false

tell application “QuarkXPress Passport”
set literatuurlijst to {font:“Scala-Regular”, size:“8.5pt”, leading:“10.55pt”, justification:left justified, left indent:“34.733mm”, first indent:“-4.233mm”, right indent:“0mm”, space before:“0mm”, space after:“0mm”, grid lock:false, keep all:false, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“4,233�mm”}}}
set eersteParagraaf to {leading:“10.55pt”, left indent:“34.733mm”, first indent:“-34.733mm”, right indent:“0mm”, tab list:{{justification:left justified, position:“30.5�mm”}}}

tell document 1 
    tell current box 
        try 
            set relative leading of story 1 to false --sets relative leading 
            set properties of story 1 to literatuurlijst 
            set properties of paragraph 1 to eersteParagraaf 
           --you can remove the line that didn't help, it doesn't help. :D
        end try 
    end tell 
end tell 

end tell

I’m a little late, but I hope this helps someone!
“Greg

Knowledge is power.And knowing is half the battle. “G.I. Joe, American Hero