Quark Dialog

Hi,

I am having trouble with a Quark Dialog. I am running a script that activates quark to create pdfs etc. etc. but when I open these particular files I get a dialog that tells me that this extension is no longer available. Is there anything I can put in my apple script to disable or okay this dialog. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Durango

Post what script you have!!

cheers

To disable you could try this although I would not do this myself.

tell application "QuarkXPress"
	set show xt manager to never
	-- Do stuff
end tell

Why is the XT no longer available

Thanks for the help. Below is the script I’ve been working with. The Quark Dialog that I get says “This project was created with an XTensions module that is no longer available. It may be reflowed. [87]”

set date_stamp to (current date) - (1 * minutes)
tell application "Finder"

set newFiles to every file of entire contents (contents folder) whose modification date is less than date_stamp
	repeat with qxpName in newFiles
		if file type of qxpName is in {"xdoc", "xprj"} then
			tell application "Finder"
				set qxpName to qxpName as string
				set pdfName to qxpName & ".ps"
			end tell
				activate
				try
					set qxpName to qxpName as alias
					open qxpName use doc prefs yes remap fonts no with reflow
				on error errmsg number errnum
					beep
					display dialog errmsg & " [" & errnum & "]" buttons {"1st Try"} default button 1 with icon stop
					return
				end try

-- get page dimensions to use in printing
				tell document 1
					set pageWidth to page width
					set pageHeight to page height
				end tell

tell print setup of document 1
					set print spreads to false
					set orientation to portrait
					set printer type to "Generic Imagesetter"
					set separation to false
					set registration marks to off
					set paper width to pageWidth
					set paper height to pageHeight

end tell
				print every page of document 1 PostScript file pdfName

close document 1 without saving

end tell
		end if
	end repeat
	move pdfName to folder (watched folder location)
end tell

We have a job slug program that causes a dialog every time you open a file. I clear it like this:

activate
		open Your_File_Here use doc prefs yes remap fonts ask do auto picture import yes
		delay 2
		tell application "System Events"
			keystroke "." using {command down}
		end tell
		delay 2
		tell application "System Events"
			keystroke "." using {command down}
		end tell
		delay 1

That will cancel out the dialog. Experiment with the delays to see what the minimum is you will need. I have a 2 second delay and it tries twice to make sure but that is bacause my scripts are used by a number of people on different machines. If you only use it on your machine, you can probably come up with a pretty short delay.

Model: G5
Browser: Safari 419.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Thanks Matt-Boy…I’ve tried this to no avail. I played around with the delays but still haven’t been able to get it to work. I’ll keep experimenting though.

To answer Mark67’s question why isn’t the extension available. I believe that it was an autoprice extension that is no longer used. I haven’t figured out how to eliminate this extension in quark. Generally I don’t work with the files as much as the prod. artists do so I’m not as familiar with them either.

Hi Durango,
I’ve written a few scripts to batch process Quark files and I’ve managed to account for just about every dialog box (until Quark 7.2 came along) using a ‘timeout statement’ or ‘on error’ statement.
Is there any way you can incorporate a timeout statement round the part that opens the document and then using UI scripting dismiss the dialog?

Regards,

Nick

Hey Nick,

I am running Quark 7.2.

I think I know what you’re talking about with a timeout statement…but do you have an example I could look at?

Thanks!