QuarkXpress question, please

G’day

I’m tearing my hair out over this. This old scipt was written for 5 I think, but worked once under 7, then stopped working.

Is there something wrong with this part, cause I’m getting an error with it ‘Unknown Object Type’

set CharStyle to make new character spec at document DocName's end with properties {name:"Label", color:"Registration"}

I’ve checked the quark Dictionary, but as usual, I prefer concrete examples.

Thanks

Santa

tell application "QuarkXPress Passport"
	if not (exists character spec "Label" of document DocName) and not (exists style spec "Label" of document DocName) then
		set CharStyle to make new character spec at document DocName's end with properties {name:"Label", color:"Registration"}
		set ParaStyle to make new style spec at document DocName's end with properties {name:"Label"}
		set character style of ParaStyle to CharStyle
	end if

G’day

Turned out the color:“Registration” had to be removed. Anyone know what to replace it with?

Regards

Santa

Try “Black” or check to see if you have a different spelling for the “Registration” color as a default color in your Quark set-up. You also might add in the code to create your own color swatch and apply that if you need a registration color but can’t get it to work.

This works for Quark 7 using “Registration” copied from your post (I use document 1’s instead of DocName’s, as I haven’t anything to define DocName) and it does create a new character spec appropriately:

set CharStyle to make new character spec at document 1's end with properties {name:"Label", color:"Registration"}

???

Many thanks gentlemen

Regards

Santa