Quick entourage text extraction to CSV script...

Hello all.

I just had a user database that went corrupt and the on-site backup is as well. I am trying to figure out how to extract two bits of data from a bunch of sent messages in entourage. Sorry for not bringing anything to the table…this is somethign I’d like to figure out quickly and scripting is not a strength. Even a quick start would be much apprciated!

Anyway, I have a bunch of messages that contain a blurb and then have this text:

USERNAME: your_name
PASSWORD: coolP@$$WORD

Is there some way to select a group of messages, then extract the data info after Username: and Password" to a CSV/text file (ignoring spaces)? This is Office 2008.

Thanks!
Aaron

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I just thought another approach. What about printing all messages as .PDF and then extracting from there. I’m going to start researching that approach.

Well, I went about it from the command line. I just printed all of the messages as a pdf and then copied all text into a text file. From there it was much easier for me to do using standard unix tools. All in all an extra step, but much easier for me to figure out.