QuickTime Pro 7 «resize» Command - How To?

QuickTime Player 7 dictionary has an entry which does player window resizing. The command description is as follows:

resize specifier : the object to scale
[by real] : the percent of current size
[around point] : the point to resize around

While the by parameter is clear-cut, I cannot make sense of the explanation given for around.

Is “point” another term for a vector, aka list? If it is what values does it expect to be populated with? What is this “point”? What does “resize around a point” mean?

The code below reduces the window to a slab consisting of the QTP 7 control bar.

tell document 1 to tell (the first track whose type is "vide") to resize it around {720, 450}

I don’t have quicktime pro so I can’t test anything.

That said, per the standard quicktime player applescript dictionary, a ‘point’ is a list with two integers, as you’ve provided in your example.

Given that it doesn’t suggest (from what you’ve provided) that either parameter is optional, use them both. The around parameter might control the focal point of the by resizing.

Try and make the around point some place in the bottom right quadrant of your window while setting by to .5 or something like that. Then try again with the around point somewhere in the top left quadrant and see if it makes a difference.

I identified the crux of the issue by analogy with the rotate command having the same parameters. In this case, by is a required parameter while around is an optional one. Rotate works with both, but at the same time resize takes effect only in conjunction with by, and its around labeled parameter is broken.

That’s not good to hear. I can only imagine it might take a while before apple gets around to fixing it.