RegexKitLite with Xcode 4 gets “Semantic Issue” errors/warnings

I am using Xcode 4.3 on Mac OS X 10.7.3. Base SDK and Deployment is OS X 10.6.

When I use RegexKitLite, I get lots of compiler warnings: ‘Semantic Issue’
Passing ‘void *volatile __strong *’ to parameter of type ‘void *__strong *’ discards qualifiers

Although they appear harmless, it is very annoying since I basically strive for zero warnings. There is no update to RegexKitLite since 2010/04/18, and no discussions about issues with Xcode 4 on sourceforge. With Xcode 3.2, I did not get those warnings.

Is there a way to turn off all warnings only for RegexKitLite?
Or an update to RegexKitLite?

I asked about this over at stackoverflow yesterday, but got no response (see question at http://stackoverflow.com/q/9699932/1268345). Since I know that at least Shane, and maybe others, use RegexKitLite, I thought I might give the question a try here.

I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it. Just keep the class collapsed in the Issue navigator, and ignore 23 warnings. They are new in Xcode 4 because it’s using a different, and more picky, compiler.

I spoke to the developer recently, and there was no suggestion of any need to update it.

Relax :cool:

I’d just like to comment that at stackoverflow, I got a useful answer about a week ago on how to silence the warnings:

With clang, I silenced the warnings as follows:

At the top of RegexKitLite.m:

And at the bottom:

Good one! “No Issues” definitely looks nicer…