Relational Database of sorts

I am currently working on an app for my fiancé. She runs a daycare business out of her home. I have set up 3 classes: ChildClass, ParentClass and DayClass. I have set up an array controller for ChildClass and set up the bindings for the ChildClass properties in IB. I can add, modify and delete ChildClass objects from the array controller. So far so good.

The next step is to set up the relationship between the ChildClass objects and the DayClass objects. My original thought was to create a UID for each ChildClass object and have a property in DayClass to identify which DayClass objects are related to each ChildClass object. My next thought was to add a property to the ChildClass that would store an array of DayClass objects. There could potentially be upwards of 1500+ such DayClass objects in each ChildClass array (based on my rough calculations of 5 days per week * 50 weeks per year * 6 years).

I am also not sure how to go about utilizing the Address Book app. I’d like to have the ParentClass properties stored in Address Book. That would allow for the most flexibility in setting up the parents for each child, (i.e., mother/father, single parent, same-sex parents, guardian, etc., and the amount of information for each parent/guardian could vary as needed).

The relationships between the classes are as follows:
ChildClass <—>> DayClass (one-to-many)
ChildClass <<—>> ParentClass (many-to-many)

Any thoughts/advice on the best way to go about this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brad Bumgarner

Model: Macbook (mid 2010)
AppleScript: xCode 3.2.6
Browser: Safari 7536.25
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.7)