Run Application and Auto-Authenticate

Hi there. Here’s the problem:

We have the AdobeSecurityPatcher program witch fixes a slight bug left over from the original installer of CS2, which is that Photoshop and Illustrator privileges are set to 777, so everyone and anyone can delete the folder and apps.

Anyway, we have two labs of ~30 computers each, using Remote Desktop 2.0. Naturally, the patcher program isn’t a standard Apple package/updater, so I can’t just apply package to all the computers under RD.

The application it self prompts for a password as soon as it’s loaded. I’m wondering if there’s a way to either A) Respond to the password prompt, or B) Load the application as you would execute a shell script, and have it auto-authenticate the application as it’s run. I tried:

do shell script ‘open “/Volumes/AdobeSecurityPatcher/AdobeSecurityPatcher.app” password “foo” with administrator prvileges’

…and have tried three dozen different variations using shell scripts and just plain AppleScript, but it still prompts for a password every time. Is there a way to auto-authenticate an application when it’s opened?

Thanks,
-Rob

don’t know about opening apps, but this works fine for authenticating display sleep changes

do shell script ("pmset dim 90") password ¬
		"foo" with administrator privileges

perhaps it’s the “¬”

Nope, that’s just a newline character for AppleScript. Thanks anyway.

Why don’t you try:

do shell script "chmod 575 path/to/file" 

just run a chmod shell script to set the correct permissions.

stu

Model: PMG5 DP 2.5 GHZ
AppleScript: 1.10.6
Browser: Safari 417.9.3
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)