Save Apple Mail Emails And Attachments As PDF

I am requesting assistance with a Mail issue. I am searching for an Applescript that:

1: Prompts and allows the user to select one or more Apple Mail email messages from within Mail (10.4, 10.5, 10.6).

2: Prompts and allows the user to select a save-to folder.

3: For each message, saves it as a PDF file in the save-to folder, using the following naming convention for the PDF file:

"YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS Email From FIRSTNAME LASTNAME - SUBJECT",

"YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS Email To FIRSTNAME LASTNAME - SUBJECT",

where in the email date-sent stamp (if I am the sender) or date-received stamp (if I am the recipient):

YYYY = the year
MM = the two-digit month
DD = the two-digit day
HH = the two-digit hour (in 24-hour time)
MM = the two-digit minute
SS = the two-digit second
FIRSTNAME is the email sender’s first name for email that I receive (or is the email recipient’s first name for email that I send)
LASTNAME is the email sender’s last name for email that I receive (or is the email recipient’s first name for email that I send)
SUBJECT = the email’s subject line

For example: 2010-04-10 16.32.48 Email From Kris Ryan - Status Of Payroll Updates.pdf
For example: 2010-04-10 16.33.55 Email To Sue Anderson - RE Status Of Payroll Updates.pdf (Colon omitted after “RE”.)

4: For each attachment to the message, saves it as a PDF file in the same directory using the naming convention:

"YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS Email From FIRSTNAME LASTNAME Z Attachment - NUMBER - FILENAME",

where:

YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS Email From FIRSTNAME LASTNAME = as above
NUMBER = an integer representing the attachment number (1, 2, …) sorted according to filename alphabetical order
FILENAME = the name of the file attached to the email, including its extension (.docx, .xlsx, etc.)
The letter “Z” sorts the attachment PDFs after its respective parent email in the directory.

For example: 2010-04-10 16.32.48 Email From Kris Ryan Z Attachment - 1 - List Of Suggestions To Moore.doc.pdf
For example: 2010-04-10 16.32.48 Email From Kris Ryan Z Attachment - 2 - Proposed Salary Adjustments.xls.pdf
For example: 2010-04-10 16.32.48 Email From Kris Ryan Z Attachment - 3 - Salary History.pps.pdf

Note: Approximately two-thirds of all of the emails will have no attachments. The remainder will have one or more attachments consisting of a PDF or MS Office file (Word, Excel, Power Point); however, a smart implementation will be able to handle any attachment kind. If the attachment is a PDF file, then save it “as is” using the stipulated naming convention, without passing it through Distiller.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Kurt Todoroff

This would be VERY useful indeed. Sorry I can be of no help, but would be very interested in the outcome.

Hello.

How much would you donate to MacScripter.net for the solution, knowing that the solution will be in the public domain? :wink:

Best Regards

McUsr