Save edited AppleScript scripts while running?

In this article, it says:

This is contrary to my experience when I’ve tried inadvertently to save a running script. Is there a way to edit and then save a running script?

– Rob

Hi, Rob!
As you know, you don’t “edit” scripts when they are running, but “run” them. Properties are retained after quit, but it is the first time I hear about the “Save” stuff. Most probably it is false. Anyway, if it was true, what would you “save”?

Hey, JJ. There are times when I’ve been debugging/editing a stay open app and I tried to save changes while the app was still running (it was a mistake to try). Of course, this was never allowed. I don’t really want to do it but I wondered if it was possible. :wink:

I think I’ll attempt to contact the author of the article and ask for clarification. :slight_smile:

– Rob

Well, I’m really missing something here. “Click Save”… Click “Save”? Where is “Save”?
If we are talking about Apple’s Script Editor, I click “Run”, change some code, pick “Save” from the menu, and app crashes (as expected, the main reason because Smile and SD won’t allow editing-while-running?).
In an applet, I can’t see options other than “Use startup screen”…

I think this is a new feature of Xcode-based AppleScript Studio applications, not of AppleScripts created in Script Editor.

Jon