Saving scripts as Application

I have created the following script. I merely changed some of the file names as I needed different files than I did originally. If I run it as a script it runs just fine. BUT, if I save it as an app it doesn’t. Can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Here’s the script:

tell application “Finder”
activate
open document file “BioFall07B.numbers” of folder “School” of startup disk
open document file “chemFall07B.numbers” of folder “School” of startup disk
open document file “Fall07AttendanceB.numbers” of folder “School” of startup disk
open document file “PhysFall07B.numbers” of folder “School” of startup disk
end tell

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have compiled it. Saved it in a variety of ways…still doesn’t run as an app. The old one used to. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHH. I know the problem is me…but, I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Model: MacBook Black Core Duo
AppleScript: 1.10.7
Browser: Safari 522.12.1
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Hi,

why not asking Numbers.app directly to open the files

set baseFolder to boot volume of (system info) & ":School:"
tell application "Numbers"
	open baseFolder & "BioFall07B.numbers"
	open baseFolder & "chemFall07B.numbers"
	open baseFolder & "Fall07AttendanceB.numbers"
	open baseFolder & "PhysFall07B.numbers"
end tell

Note: system info works only in Tiger

Thanks, that worked…as a script just fine. But, when i tried to save it as an application…No go. I keep trying to do “Save as” then select application… No joy. What am I doing wrong??? Too much novacaine at the dentist I suspect.

set baseFolder to (path to startup disk as Unicode text) & "School:"

Huh??? Geez, it has been a long day. I am really confused now. But, I do greatly appreciate the help. If I could bother you just a bit further…the last script posted didn’t really explain itself to me…could you clarify what it should be doing to allow me to save the script as an application?