script error codes -1753 and -1751

i’m running a webcam on an old mac using MacWebCam 2.7 and Interarchy 6.3 for FTP. In MacWebCam it has the option of running applescripts PRE and POST getting the image from the camera. I have a PRE script that takes care of any FTP window errors… this seems to work fine. Then I have a POST script that uploads the image file as ‘cam.jpg’ then changes it to ‘cam1.jpg’ (makes it run smoother for the viewer).
After a random amount of time MacWebCam crashes do to errors -1753 Script error or -1751 Invalid script id. This dialog pops up in MacWebCam. I have to restart it every time this happens…

Any suggestions on how these errors can be fixed… ?

http://webpages.charter.net/mingerso/cam.html thats a link to the cam so you get a better idea of whats going on.

Thanks,
matth

Sounds like a bug in the application - those are OSA, not script, error codes. Being a legacy app there’s probably no point in saying ‘file a bug report’, so I guess it’s just something you’ll have to put up with.

Whooo! thanks…
I still think it can be fixed or delayed by changing the script… maybe not?
Now all I have had is postscript errors for the last two days… I forget what I changed but somethings working differently.
Here’s the postscript:

tell application "Interarchy"

try
		close front window
		close front window
		close front window

end try
end tell

try
		set ftpdestfile to "cam/cam.jpg"
		set yourFTPHost to "ftp://mingerso:*******@webpages.charter.net"
		set yourLocalImage to "8600 HD1:Web Sites:Cam:Data:cam.jpg"

store file yourLocalImage host yourFTPHost path ftpdestfile

end try

end tell

try

rename host "webpages.charter.net" path "cam/cam.jpg" user "mingerso" password "*****" newname "cam/cam1.jpg"

end try
end tell

*=passwords that i dont want others seeing…