Script to change application icons

Hello,

This is a script which I downloaded (from this site, I believe) to change icons. But it may not be for OS/X 2.6 which is what I am running (although, being new to Applescript, I am not certain about that). I tried saving it as an Application and clicking on it in the appropriate window, and also tried drag-and-drop. It doesn’t seem to want to work for me. Please help.

Here it is:

on open
tell application “Finder”
set icon of selection to icon of (path to me)
end tell
end open

on run
tell application “Finder”
try
if kind of selection is “application program” then
if (name of (path to me)) = (name of item 1 of selection) then
error
else
end if
else
end if
on error
display dialog " Drag an item to me to place the icon of this script on it" & return & �
“Make copies of it with different icons!” & return & return & “Written by Kembas” & �
return & “kembas@iig.com.au” buttons {“OK”} default button 1
end try
end tell
end run

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Sincerely,

Variable as the shade

As long as I know, the icon suite doesn’t work under OS X. You can try Kanzu’s Extra Suites and see if it works for you…

What are you trying to achieve here? It looks as though you’re trying to give other files (and folders) the same icon as the droplet itself. This won’t turn them into droplets, but it will create visual confusion.

… Unless the droplet’s icon is not a generic droplet icon… Anyway, it won’t work under OS X (appart from adapting it to Extra Suites’ syntax)

Hello,

First of all, many thanks to ii and Nigel for their replies. And thanks for the link/referral to Extra Suites. Secondly, my intention  for employing this script is to save it as an applet, duplicate it 20 X's and change each copy to a different non-generic icon, thus providing me with either a clickable or drag-and-drop "icon changing factory" to be positioned either in the dock, the finde window toolbar or a folder of one's own choosing for files, folders, applications, etc..

Sincerely,

Varrable as the shade