Script to put current DSS/QTSS tracks on Web page?

I’ve seen scripts that do so for iTunes, but not for Apple’s Streaming Server softwares.

I have Darwin Streaming Server running. I tried video streaming and botched it – QuickTime Player held on to artifacts from one video file while trying to play the next one that streamed. So now I’m just using DSS as the “heir-apparent” to MP3 Sushi. My Apache is the slightly-slimmed-down one that installed with Panther. I have Personal Web Sharing turned on, and there are two other Macs in the house, connected via router to the Net. In DSS, I’ve created 4 Mp3 playlists, and am tossing ideas around in my head for a fifth. What I’d like to do is this:

1. Get the name of the current song being streamed in each list
  2. Publish same either as a full web page, updated at a certain interval, or as a JavaScript crawl in the status bar of an ordinary Web browser, under a page that describes the streaming host (my G4), the software, etc.

I read an old thread on Macosxhints.com that talked about PHP as a means to extract the track name/s. Luckily I have a PHP4 build installed (did it to run JetPhoto Server months ago), so if comes to taking that route, all I’d need help on would be the scripting syntax, right down to the last whack and tilde.

Any suggestions?

Silversleeves

Model: PowerMac G4 QS 1.25 Dual MDD
AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Firefox 1.5.0.8
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Elsewhere they’d call this a “bump”.

I subscribed to the Streaming Server mailing list from lists.apple.com, and someone already on that list made the suggestion to use Perl instead of AppleScript or PHP. Perl is one of the darkest of dark alleys for me, with regard to my own experience and knowledge of the syntax, which is well nigh Zero, so if someone (anyone) has another suggestion, I welcome it.

Silversleeves