Scripting AOL mail

Hello!

I’m wondering if anyone out there has tried to script the AOL ap into “automatically” forwarding all the mail in the in box to a designated adress?

It’s been a while since I scripted AOL, but if I remember correctly AOL 3 & AOL 4 did not permit the creation (by applescript) of new email documents. (The reasons why should be obvious; the spam would greatly increase if AOL handed out 500 free hours of automated mail processing.) If I remember right (there’s that phrase again), if you manually create a dummy email document (with no content), you can duplicate it and attach items to it. It’s more trouble than it’s worth, IMHO.

mg

Well, not to cause trouble (or added spam in the world) but during the AOL 5 beta program I got this script to work to create and send an e-mail message. You can specify cc or bcc, as well as attachments (commented out of this script). I imagine you could use this script to grab e-mail, convert it to a new message, and send it.Hope this helps.

tell application "America Online"set toList to {"AOLUser"}
set ccList to {"name1@example.com", "name2@example.com"}
set bccList to {}
set mailSubject to "Widgets"set mailMessage to "Dear AOLUser:" & return & return & "Hope you're having fun." & return & return & "Love, AppleScript Editor"
--set att to alias "SYS:test file"set documentRef to make new document with properties {kind:mail}
set mailref to mailer of documentRef
set text of documentRef to mailMessageset subject of mailer of documentRef to mailSubject
repeat with mailRecipient in toList
make new addressee at end of mailref with properties {kind:regular, name:mailRecipient}
end repeat
repeat with mailRecipient in ccList
make new addressee at end of mailref with properties {kind:cc, name:mailRecipient}
end repeat
repeat with mailRecipient in bccList
make new addressee at end of mailref with properties {kind:bcc, name:mailRecipient}
end repeat
--make new attachment at end of docref with properties {local file:att}
-- SendLetter documentRef
close documentRef saving no
end tell