Scripting for Word 2004

I’m trying to write a script for Word 2004. Here is what I would like it to do…

Take a text phrase from the second column of a table and place it at the beginning of the third column of the table. The table will have multiple rows, so essentially, I’m moving the phrase from the second cell of the row to the third cell.

I don’t know if I should use a cut/paste or move command or there is some other command entirely. I’ve downloaded the Word 2004 AppleScript dictionary, but I’m not reading something right as I’ve tried many things and nothing is working

I’m new to AppleScript and this is really my first learning experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m running Mac OSX 10.6.8

thanks

Model: MacBook Pro
AppleScript: Version 2.3
Browser: Safari 534.57.2
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

I realize I may not have given enough information in my first post…

this is what I have> It copies the text to the clipboard, but I’m hanging up on it pasting it to the cells in the third column. Ideally, it would take the selected text out of the cells of the second column and place them one column to the right at the beginning of the column. I think this script will just put it in one specific column, although I would like to search for the text string and then move it one column to the right.

set findRange to find object of selection

tell findRange
	set gotIt to execute find find text "my text here"
end tell

if gotIt is true then -- if a match was found
	copy object selection -- copy it to the clipboard
	set mySelection to (the clipboard) -- then put clipboard into a variable
end if
set theCell to cell 3 of row 1 of myTable
paste object (text object of selection)

any help would be appreciated!