Search multiple sites using Google

If I say, wanted to make an AppleScript based search engine which searches several pre-selected sites, how would I do that? I considered using Google, but it can only search one site at a time. Maybe do this several times and compile the results??

Well that would be one way yes, but depending on what exactly you are trying to do and how you want to present this to the end user Im betting an AppleScript Studio application is going to be the preferred method.

Yea but I don’t like using that because people can just crack it open and steal it.

Thats news to me mate, been writing AS apps for a while and all my distributed code is run-only. Are you building your apps in debug or release mode?

Sorry.

[Flinches under the blow of the condescending “mate”]

No no no, don’t do that. Sorry if that was taken as condescending because it certainly wasn’t intended to be… Been a bit of a stressful day, but thats no excuse so my apologies =)

No no don’t worry about it, I know what you mean. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I did something like that when I got started with Applescript Studio, it’s http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32336, if you’re interested. I’d be happy to share the code if anyone’s interested.

kev.

That’s awesome! I’d love to see some of the script!