setting a FileMaker Pro 7 container field to a QuickTime Movie

Hello,

I am a relative newcomer to AS, I am an attorney by trade and I like to tinker with AS as a hobby.

I have developed a FM Pro 7 database that tracks all the tape tracking sequences from my video camcorder. I have set up container fields in each record for instances when I want to import a representative clip from iMovie into the FM database. The process is long and laborious from the iMovie end of things, but I successfully used PreFab UI browser to automate getting the clips out of iMovie and naming them. All the representative QuickTime clips are stored in a folder.

Is there any way I can simply set the cellValue of the Image container field to a specified QuickTime movie file (.mov). Ideally, If this is possible, I would then be able to loop through the specified set of movies that I want to insert into each pertinent record (using a repeat loop that steps through each item in the list of QuickTime movies list).

I tried to automate this process in FM Pro (by trying to script the System Events portion of the Insert QuickTime movie do menu AppleEvent by using PreFab UI browser) with no success.

Is there a way to simply set the "Image container field in my movie database so that it will insert the QuickTime movie?

tell application “FileMaker Pro”
activate
set omega to “Macintosh HD:Users:johnkinsellagh:Movies:clips for database:4877.mov”
set cellValue of cell “Image” of current record of layout “Representative Clips Layout” to file omega
end tell

I get an error message when I run the above script

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Model: PowerBook G4
AppleScript: 2
Browser: Safari 412.5
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)